New as of Sept 2014 Rules of Play (PDF)
Visit our Facebook group for more discussion and photos.
Celebrating the 44th reign of Pegasus Valley.
Battlegames at Taylor Park starting at 1 PM.
The coronation of Amatiel as monarch of Pegasus Valley afterward.
Feast and Court @ 6:00 Domenici Center, West Building at UNM HSC
We have 2 bids to run our booth and fighting pit at this year's Highland Games event. I am looking for discussion on them before final discussion at the park this weekend.
Citizens, nobles, and legionnaries,
The long harsh winter is soon to be over, and when we take back our city, it must be in perfect order. The Legate and I have been apalled at our economical situation. The rate of Equuins to Drakes has become three to one within the past month. The reason for our currency inflation was only recently discovered. Hidden in the woods, there was a Bandit King forging Equuins. The Legion took capable care of these charlatans in a timely manner, taking their equipment from them. Now that we are aware, we may restablize our currency.
Strength through Unity,
Page Talifer Impetus du Brume
The following has been declassified after the arrest of the known traitors:
When the Bandit King and his forces mounted a counter-offensive, they did not reclaim their equipment, but a cleverly glamoured device of my design. This allowed us to listen on them and gather information. When the time was right, we performed a surgical, extra-judicial attack. Many traitors were eliminated today. The legion has my thanks.
Just a reminder that crown qualifications are on Saturday. Sign-ins for fighting and cultural events will be open until 1pm. You can speed up your sign ins by having your item description already written on a white 3x5 card.
There will be an A&S meeting at my place (4910 Palo Alto SE) on Friday starting at 6 for cooking/vintners events and the mancala gaming event. There will be stove, oven and microwave space if you need to heat food entries up before judging. Cooking sign-ins close at 8. The goal is to get all food entries judged quickly after it is entered.
Gaming will start at 6:30. We will be playing a mancala game with a 5x2 board with stores and 4 seeds per house. Pie rule in effect.
Announcements of upcoming local dates
* Wyrmspire Midreign (Santa Fe) on Jan 25th
* Kingdom Midreign (Las Cruces) on Jan 31st
* Pegasus Valley Crown Qualifications Feb 7th
* Pegasus Valley Althing Feb 7th
* Stormfall Mesa (Westside/Rio Ranch) Coronation Feb 8th (Was moved to 1st after meeting)
* Pegasus Valley Coronation March 7th
* Pegasus Valley Althing March 7th
A motion was made by Glenalth to excuse absences for attending the Dragonspine Midreign on Jan 31st. It was passed 7-0.
Shadowcaster is planning on holding a Magic: The Gathering Tournament
Buy-in is $10 and you receive 4 boosters and some land to build a deck with.
This will be considered a strategic gaming event for the purposes of Crown Qualifications. If there are 3 or more entrants the winner gets a cultural event qualification. If there are 5 or more entrants, the top 2 players get a cultural event qualification.
Our Month of Crown is here. Be sure to have your entries ready for the Crown Qualifications tournament.
* Jan 31st
** Last day to declare if you want to run for office.
** Literature entries due.
* Feb 7th
** Crown Qualifications war and cultural events.
** Last day to pay dues to vote in officer elections
* Feb 14th
** Champion's Tournament
* Mar 7th
Shadowcaster announced that the usual day for Pathfinder is going to change.
BOD Elections are upon us
* Jan 31st
** Last day to declare if you want to run for a position on the Board of Directors
** Last day to pay dues to vote in BOD elections
* Feb 7th
** Board of Directors elections
More Crown Qualifications information here:
Today was a great day! Our buried stockpiles that were plundered from the Iron Mountains thirteen years ago were recovered, melted down, and forged into new coins. Our legion and citizens were able to fend off the bandits and deliver both carts safely to our temporary stronghold.
Stockpiles are still running low, but after our successes today in securing our newly minted coinage perhaps we can start hiring local merchants and craftspeople to replenish our weaponry, food, and magics to take back our duchy.
Althing Minutes for 12/6/2014
- Glenalth made a motion to approve $100 to Shadowcaster for the purchase of pizza for next week's midreign feast. The motion failed 2-4.
- Midreign feast is on the 13th @ 6PM at Domenici Center, West Building at UNM HSC. Maps and directions will be posted on the website, Facebook, and at the park.
- Several people are planning on heading to Wyrmspire (Santa Fe) tomorrow. Details are posted in the threads in the Facebook Group. If you want to take the train, it leaves from downtown ABQ at 8:58 & 1:42 and the return trips leave Santa Fe at 3:27 and 8:12.
- An announcement was made that Kira's dad is a butt face. There seemed to be no consensus on this.
- The althing was opened up to comments on level testing. The biggest issue is still absent guildmasters. While the GMR has been a potential alternate, there was consensus on allowing any reeve qualified person administer a test if the guildmaster is absent.
- Some discussion of dues and what we use them for was had. A motion was made to change dues back to $6 for 6 months instead of the current $10 per 6 months. The motion failed 0-4.
- The planned vote to refund overpayment of dues amounts for the last couple of months was discarded as the dues amount was not lowered.
- Amatiel reported on Albuquerque Comic Con. We are getting 4x 3 day passes, but we will likely need more. She already plans on purchasing 2 more passes herself. However, if we have a fighting pit we will need more people on hand so that both the booth and the pit can be staffed. A motion was made for the group to fund 2 additional 3 day passes at $40 each if the con allows us a fighting pit/demo area. The motion passed 5-1.
- Alucard is running a Toys for Tots tournament next weekend (13th). There will be prizes and coins available to both the winners and sponsors of the winners. To be a fighter or a sponsor you must donate a $5 toy. More information is in the Facebook group and on the website.
- This week is the last call for newsletter entries. We always need writing, art, and stuff.
Hear ye hear ye to all that read these words.
On the day of Midreign December 13th I will be hosting the 2014 Toys for Tots tournament.
The tournament will consist of three categories, short sword and shield, random draw, and open weapon. The format will be best to out of three single elimination.
To fight in the tournament you must donate an unopened toy worth at least five dollars.
Now the way this is going to work we will be auctioning off the fighters.
In order to bid on fighters you must donate an unopened toy worth at least five dollars.
Then we will be auctioning off the fighters to the highest bidder.
Now for the prizes!!
Guild renown will be 10pts per tournament win for whatever class they signed in as.
Prize purse will be 60 coins total, divided among the top 3 fighters and top 3 sponsors
15 each for 1st, 10 each for 2nd, 5 each for 3rd.
Also I will tool a leather belt favor for the fighter proclaiming them the Pegasus valley 2014 Toys for Tots Champion. All toys and money raised will go to Toys for Tots.